Innovate for Good 2016
...is a philanthropic challenge to find and fund new ideas.
We believe youth are an untapped resource. Innovate for Good 2016 (#IFGDenver) will empower youth to be agents of change in the community.
In May, we asked the question, What idea could you bring to life to empower youth to make the community better? in an effort to award up to $250,000 in grants and support to implement the winning ideas.
The idea submission deadline has passed. Click here to see the FAQ for the application process.
2016 Youth Awardees: Four projects have been selected as winners in the Youth category. These winners will receive $5,000 in funding and technical support for their projects.
2016 Youth-Adult Partnership Awardees: Six projects have been selected as Youth-Adult Partnership awardees. These winners will receive $30,000 in funding and technical support for their projects.
The 2016 Timeline
- May – Ideas were accepted between May 2 - 31
- June – Ideas were reviewed by a team of 200+ community members and semi-finalists were selected.
- July – Semi-finalists were contacted and asked to respond to Round Two questions as we get closer to determining our Finalists.
- August – Finalists will be announced and will begin preparing to pitch live at the culuinating event taking place September 14.
- September – Pitch night, Youth-Adult Partnership finalists will pitch live and the audience will cast their votes for who will be awarded funds to implement their projects. Youth Winners will also be announced followed by a reception.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions contact Sarah Indyk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.398.7416.
Innovate for Good, a philanthropic challenge to find and fund new ideas, was created in 2015 by Rose Community Foundation. Last year, nearly 400 ideas were submitted by people, nonprofits, businesses, government and community groups in response to the question, “What new and innovative idea would you bring to life to make the Greater Denver community a better place to live?” After a community review process, nine winners were awarded funds totaling $250,000 to make their projects happen.
A committee of dedicated volunteers is advising this work. The following individuals serve on the Innovate for Good 2016 committee:
Gerri Gomez Howard
Lisa Robinson, Chair
Spread the Word
We want everyone to know about Innovate for Good. Help us spread the word by downloading and sharing our flyer and poster. Or, use our media tool kit to share information about Innovate for Good and the idea you submitted.
- Innovate for Good Flyer - English (8.5 x 11 PDF)
- Innovate for Good Flyer - Spanish (8.5 x 11 PDF)
- Innovate for Good Poster (11 x 17 PDF)
- Innovate for Good Media Tool Kit
About Our Community Partner
Celebrating more than 20 years as of doing business in Colorado and Arizona, CoBiz Financial continues to place community at the very heart of what they do. Deeply committed to a culture that celebrates and encourages community involvement, CoBiz has been committed to giving back to the community knowing that they are making a real difference to programs and the people they serve.
Keeping corporate citizenship at the forefront of the company mission, they are proud of the communities they serve, and encourage their employees to do the same. They believe in worthy causes while promoting employee engagement – all of which contribute to making our communities stronger. Learn more about the community efforts of CoBiz Financial and their family of services by visiting their website.
About Our Media Partner
The mission at 9NEWS is to deliver timely and accurate information, entertainment and solutions to our customers wherever they are, on whatever device they choose; interact with and listen to them in an authentic and meaningful way, and serve the greater good of our community. Learn More about 9NEWS by visiting their website.