Submitting Your Proposal
We want to make it easy for organizations to apply for grants. To apply for a grant, first review this checklist to guide you through the process.
- Read the FAQ for grants.
- Review our grantmaking eligibility.
- Review grant guidelines for the applicable program area.
- Preview the grant application questions for your specific request:
- Determine which program area best fits your request.
- Contact the program officer who oversees that program area to discuss the proposed project.
Online Grant Application
- We launched an online grant application system and a new application format on September 24, 2013. Organizations whose applications were in process before this date should contact their program officer for application instructions. Otherwise, organizations should submit their application using the online application.
- Read the online grant application tutorial document and/or watch the tutorial videos in preparation to use the system for the first time.
- Prepare your application. First, create an account in our online grant application system to view the application and all requirements. Once logged in, click the "Apply" link on the left side of the grant application to view available applications.
- Gather materials in preparation to submit your application. We recommend gathering all required uploads and preparing text in Word first. While completing the online application form, simply copy and paste text from Word into the text fields.
- Complete the online application. If you have questions about our online grant application system, email Kelli Rojas, or call her at 303.398.7446 or our main line (303.398.7400) during business hours (8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.). If you have trouble after hours, save your application and leave a message for Kelli. She will return your email or call during business hours.
- Submit the application.
After Your Submitting Your Application
- Immediately upon receipt of the application, you will receive a confirmation email from the grants manager.
- Once your application is complete and addresses a priority within our grantmaking program, it will be assigned to program staff for review. A program officer will speak with you further and may request a meeting. In the course of the application review, applicants are also requested to share with the program officer any new information that may significantly affect the proposed project.
- In general, the Foundation completes the grant decision-making process within four months after receiving a complete application, or within six months for capital requests.